The Director General shall exercise full financial powers in respect of the following
- Hiring of conveyance and vehicles
- Procurement of stationery and printing
- Expenditure on meetings, workshops, and conferences etc. when organized in the Institutions/ Autonomous Bodies of the Government of India/ State Governments or in the premises of ITDC or State Tourism Development Corporations, India Habitat Centre, reputed private Hotels and India International Center etc:
- Procurement of professional services for the office
- Contingent office expenses
- Taking Membership and payment of membership fee to professional institutions
- Sanction for publications
- Sanction for charges for advertisement and publicity
- Purchase of Books, Periodicals and Audio-Visual material
- Hiring of Computers and peripherals
- Procurement of professional services for activities other than office/R&D activity
- Purchase of office equipments and machinery
- Purchase of Computers and peripherals
- ** Travel by air by non-entitled officers
- * Delegation pursuant to Rule 21(d) in the first meeting of the Executive Committee held on 17-4-2003.
** Delegated in the second meeting of the Executive Committee held on 8-7-2003.
Appendix - II
Financial Powers Delegated to Directors by the Executive Committee, NRRDA *
|Director (Technical)||Payment to STAs and PTAs||Full Powers limited to rates prescribed in the guidelines|
|Director / Joint Director (Project)||Payment of honorarium, fee and traveling expenses of National Quality Monitors||Full powers limited to rates prescribed in the guidelines.|
* Delegations approved in the First meeting held on 17-4-03 under Rule 21 (d)
Appendix - III
Norms and Delegations for providing Hospitality during Workshops & Conferences *
(*Approved by the Executive Committee under Rule 21(b) and Rule 21(d) in its first meeting held on 17.04.2003.)
The following are the approved Norms and delegations the reunder:
- When organized by NRRDA at Krishi Bhavan / NRRDA Office:
- High tea : Rs. 50/- per participant.
- Working lunch : Rs. 150/- per participant.
- When Organized in the Institutions/Autonomous Bodies of the Government of India/ State Governments or in the premises of ITDC or State Tourism Development Corporations, India Habitat Centre, reputed private Hotels and India International Center etc:
- Director General, NRRDA to exercise full powers to sanction the expenditure involved.
- For attending to visitors from State Governments and other concerned agencies:
(Approved in the Second EC Meeting on 8-7-03)
- Director General, NRRDA: Full Powers
- Officers of the level of Deputy Secretary and Director (Levels – I & II): Rs. 600/- per month.
- Officers of the level of Under Secretary (Level III): – Rs. 300/- per month.
Appendix - IV
Powers delegated by the Director General to Director (F&A) *
(* Delegated vide office order No. A-12015/11/2004-NRRDA, dated 16-6-04 under Rule 23(h))
- Procurement of stationary and Printing.
- Expenditure on meetings, workshops and conferences as per the norms approved by the Executive Committee.g
- Contingent office expenses.
- Purchase of Books, Periodicals and Audio-visual material.
- Hiring of Computers and Peripherals.
- Purchase of office equipments and machinery up to a limit of Rs. 50,000 per case.
- Purchase of Computers and Peripherals up to a limit of Rs. 50,000 per case.
Appendix - V
Terms and Conditions Governing Consultancies *
(*Approved by the Executive Committee under Rule 21 (c) (xiv) in its meeting held on 17-2-2004 and 17-6-2004.)
DG, NRRDA may engage individual consultants for performing specific tasks requiring exogenous expertise on the recommendations of a Search & Selection Committee to be constituted for the purpose.
- Sourcing : Depending on the nature and urgency of work, persons drawn from various sources like Senior Technical Officers from Government Organizations and other autonomous bodies including public sector undertakings may be appointed as Consultants in the Agency. Retired senior level officers from Government/Public Sector Undertakings may also be another source for such appointments.s
- Selection : The Search / Selection Committee would first determine the level of engagement of a Consultant and the number of man-days that may be required based on the nature of the activity/ arrangements. If a Consultant needs to be appointed for a longer period the Committee would also determine a reasonable monthly fee based on the per day norms.
- The Search/Selection Committee would then identify the person(s) most suitable to undertake the assignment. In case of a consultancy likely to take more than 6 months, or at a rate higher than Rs. 50,000 per month or where equation of level has to be separately determined, Director, CRRI or secretary, IRC will also be co-opted on the Committee.
- Tenure : The tenure of an individual Consultant will be decided in the light of recommendations of the Search/Selection Committee and which may be for a maximum of 6 months depending on the nature of the given assignment.
- Fees : Fees for individual Consultants will be determined generally keeping in view fees for consultancies for similar level obtaining in the Indian Roads Congress (IRC) or National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). Engagements will be made on the basis of recommendations of the Search / Selection Committee. Whenever it is proposed to engage a specific Consultant who has specialized knowledge, the Search /Selection Committee shall make a detailed recommendation after assessing the reasonability of the rates.
- Rates : As recommended by the Search Committee, IRC rates will be adopted for the present and the rates are currently as follows: Taking Membership and payment of membership fee to professional institutions
- Consultant of the level of DG (RD), GOI : Rs. 3000/- per day
- Consultant of the level of Chief Engineer, GOI : Rs. 2000/- per day
- Consultant of the level of Superintending Engineer, GOI : Rs. 1500/- per day
- In case of engagement of private individuals, their qualifications and experience would be taken into account to fix the corresponding level. The equivalence being broadly as given below, experience may be considered after graduation. Any time spent on acquiring higher qualifications after graduation would be counted towards experience.
- Consultant of the level of DG (RD) GOI : 30 years
- Consultant of the level of Chief Engineer, GOI : 25 years
- Consultant of the level of Superintending Engineer, GOI : 20 years
- In exceptional case, higher rates may be allowed for expertise not generally available. Travel, boarding and lodging expenses would be paid as per entitlement.
- No Consultant shall be engaged at a fee exceeding Rs. 50,000 p.m (all inclusive), without the prior approval of the Vice President, NRRDA.
- Traveling Allowance:In case a Consultant is required to go on tour in connection with official work, he will be entitled to travel reimbursement, hotel accommodation and daily allowance, as per the norms fixed for Level – I functionaries in NRRDA.